Life @ Mason
Graduate Student Life is dedicated to supporting the success of Mason graduate students by:
- Providing community-building, professional development, and personal development programs
- Connecting graduate students to campus resources
- Identifying and advocating for graduate student needs
A multi-purpose space for the exclusive use of graduate students, managed by the Office of Graduate Student Life. The Center features a quiet study room with individual desks, an open lounge, and wireless internet access. The lounge area offers couches, chairs, tables, and a campus phone. The Center also includes bulletin boards advertising campus events and student postings, plus a variety of other resources and handouts for graduate students.
Resources about the communities surrounding Mason campuses.
Mason is a diverse community which prides itself on the inclusion of all.
- Accessibility @ Mason
- Campus Ministry Association
- Diversity at Mason
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Multicultural Education
- International Programs & Services
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning Resources
- Women and Gender Studies Center
Housing is a priority to all graduate students and Mason offers resources to help make the search easier. Consider joining the Graduate and Professional Student Association’s (GAPSA) Facebook group to connect with other graduate students.
- Off Campus Student Programs & Services: Find resources for living off-campus, including Off-Campus Housing Fairs.
- Housing Tips for International Students
- Off-Campus Housing Locator: Search for housing listings and for roommates
- Beacon Hall: Graduate Housing at the Science and Technology Campus (in Prince William County)
- Graduate Housing at Front Royal Campus
- Fourth Estate (Mason’s official student-run news outlet)
- George’s List
- Arlington Campus Housing Guide: School of Public Policy, July 2012
- Goodin Homeshare (joint initiative from Mason’s Center for Social Entrepreneurship, Fairfax County’s Services for Seniors Committee, and Virginia Hospital Center)
- Masonvale: Masonvale is a housing community uniquely situated on the grounds of George Mason University’s Fairfax campus, designed to provide transitional housing for Mason faculty, staff, full-time graduate students, and other affiliates of the university. Availability year-round.
Find parking and transportation resources, including shuttle information, on all campuses at the below links.
Learn how to get involved in intramural sports, where to workout and when athletic events are taking place from the links below.
- Recreation – Fitness, Club Sports, Intramural Sports, Aquatics
- Aquatic & Fitness Center (Fairfax Campus)
- Freedom Aquatic Center (Prince William Campus)
Dance, music, theater, art – Mason has it all and full-time graduate students attend performances for free! And don’t forget the cinema in the JC.
- Center for the Arts
- Hylton Performing Arts Center
- School of Art Galleries
- School of Music
- Mason Dance Company
- Mason Players
- Eagle Bank Arena
- JC Cinema
Learn more about what is happening on campus or how to get more involved.
Resources for staying connected with everything Mason!
Need a new computer or to learn how to use particular equipment or software for a class presentation? Mason has the resources!