Graduate Student Spring Cookout
UPDATED 4/29/2016 @ 10:00AM:
The Graduate Student Spring Cookout WILL be held outside at West Campus Park.
Friday, April 29, 2016
West Campus Park (Pavilion and Fields)
Rain Site: The Cage Gym at the RAC
Join Mason Recreation, the Graduate and Professional Student Association (GAPSA), and Graduate Student Life to unwind before finals and celebrate spring at our first-ever Graduate Student Spring Cookout! All Mason graduate and professional students and their families are welcome!
The Graduate Student Spring Cookout will feature lawn games, tennis, soccer, and frisbee, as well as giveaways and prize drawings. This event is free!
The menu for the cookout includes diced barbecue chicken, pulled pork barbecue, veggie burgers, mac & cheese, cole slaw, baked beans, brownies, and cookies, as well as beverages including iced tea, lemonade, and water.
Directions and Parking
West Campus Park
West Campus Park (Pavilion and Fields) is located near the Campus Drive entrance to the Fairfax Campus from Braddock Road. Free parking is available for this event at the West Campus Parking Lot. To view a map with West Campus Park circled, see GMU Fairfax Map West Campus Highlighted.
The street address for West Campus Park (for GPS directions) is 4605 Rapidan River Road, Fairfax, VA 22030.
You can also get to West Campus via Mason Shuttle from other parts of the Fairfax campus. Visit this page for the schedule and more information.
The Cage Gym at the RAC (Rain Location*)
In the event of inclement weather, the Graduate Student Spring Cookout will move to a rain location at the Cage Gym in the the Recreation and Athletic Complex (RAC). Free parking will be available during the event in the PV Lot located behind the RAC (parking permits will not be required). To view a campus map with the RAC circled, see GMU Fairfax Map RAC Highlighted.
The street address for the RAC (for GPS directions) is 4350 Banister Creek Court Fairfax, VA 22030.
Prizes will include:
- One free week of summer camp for a youth (age 6-14), provided by Mason Recreation. For more information about the camp, visit the Mason Rec Camp website.
- Free health assessment and three personal training sessions, provided by Mason Recreation (two winners)
- Mason spirit pack, provided by Graduate Student Life (3 winners)
What to Bring
- Mason ID
- Picnic blankets, towels, and/or lawn chairs for additional seating
- You are welcome to bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages to meet your and/or your guests’ dietary guidelines.
- Wear a jacket or layers to stay warm!