Graduate Student Life Write-In Day
Graduate Student Life Write-In Days Scheduled for 2021-22
Fall 2021: Saturday, November 6, 10:00am-5:30pm
Spring 2022: Saturday, April 9
Graduate Student Life Write-In Day
Saturday, November 6, 2021
The Graduate Student Life Write-In Day for Fall 2021 will be held in-person for a limited number of students at the Fairfax Campus in accordance with all COVID-related policies.
Registration will open Friday, October 1, 2021, and will close on Thursday, October 28, 2021, at 5:00PM (extended deadline!).
Free yourself from distractions. Commit to meeting your writing goals.
Take one step closer to being DONE with your paper, thesis, or dissertation.
Sign up for Graduate Student Life’s Write-In Day. This day-long program will give you group accountability and a space to write with other Mason graduate students who are also serious about getting writing done. Graduate Student Life will provide the space, structure, lunch, and snacks. You need to bring your computer, any other materials you need, achievable goals, and most importantly, your personal commitment to working diligently and productively.
The next Graduate Student Life Write-In Day will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021, 10:00am-5:30pm. Spaces are limited to 30 participants. If you would like to participate and can commit to the event, complete the interest form when it opens beginning Friday October 1, 2021; the deadline to register has been extended to Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 5:00PM. Further information, including location, will be provided to those who are confirmed to participate.
If interest exceeds capacity, priority will be given to those working on dissertations, theses, and other projects that help students meet requirements or benchmarks for their degree programs. All George Mason graduate-degree-seeking students at the Fairfax, Arlington, and Science & Technology campuses, other instructional sites, and online programs are eligible to participate.
If you are confirmed to participate, you must make the following commitments:
- To begin on time at 10:00am and to participate for the duration of the day until 5:30pm
- To turn off access to Facebook, online games, and other computer/online-based distractions during writing time
- To minimize distractions by phone by limiting texting and phone calls to scheduled break times
- To contribute to a supportive writing community among fellow participants
|10:00-10:45am||Morning Convening: Arrivals and sharing goals|
|10:45-11:00am||Transition to Writing Rooms: Introductions and goals|
|11:00am-1:30pm||Distraction-free Writing Time|
|1:30-2:30pm||Lunchtime Discussion (lunch will be provided)|
|2:30-5:00pm||Distraction-free Writing Time|
|5:00-5:30pm||Wrapping Up: Evaluations, resources, and future commitments|
We will be following all Mason COVID-related policies for this event.
All in-person participants are required to do the following:
- Be pre-registered and have received a confirmation from Graduate Student Life. Students who have not pre-registered and been confirmed will not be able to participate the day of the event.
- Show evidence that they have completed the Mason COVID Health✓™ survey and received a “green light” status on the day of the event
- Wear a mask or face covering throughout the entirety of the event except while eating or drinking
- Maintain physical distance as required
Graduate Student Life will offer pre-packaged snacks and beverages and a boxed lunch for in-person participants. Please plan to bring your own coffee and preferred snacks. We have limited ability to meet dietary needs; although we will be able to accommodate vegetarian diets, those with vegan or gluten-free diets or additional dietary restrictions should plan to bring their own food.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign Up for Graduate Student Life Write-In Day
Registration for the Fall 2021 Write-In Day is now closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. If interest exceeds capacity, we may not be able to accommodate everyone who is interested.